Looking for PHP/SQL Developer
RetailConnection SA is a leading provider of hosted e-commerce solutions in Africa, primarily focused on the South African market but with clients in other African countries as well.
Our platform extends beyond the basic e-commerce functionality and can be seen more as an CMS/CRM/ERP/Analytics system all combined in one integrated solution, focused on the Retail, Service and Travel industries.
Our passion is to bring all businesses online, help them offer better service while spending less time doing it, all of it at a very affordable cost (SaaS model).
Main responsibilities for the PHP Web Developer position include:
- Working on the core platform functionality.
- Working on a variety of extension modules (new and existing ones).
- Integration with a variety of 3rd party systems, such a Payment Gateways, Courier companies, content providers, accounting platforms and more.
- Support / troubleshooting / bug fixing for all of the above.
- 2+ years of professional experience with PHP / LAMP stack.
- 2+ years of professional experience with MySQL / MariaDB.
- Experience with system integration (REST, SOAP, XML, …).
- Excellent understanding of OOP.
- Produce well designed, well architectured, easy to maintain and extend software.
- Converse freely in English language, good written English is absolutely essential.
- Must be self-organising, be able to work efficiently and deliver high quality work and on time without supervision.
- Passionate about e-commerce is a plus.
- Remote position / work from home (or anywhere else) – we do not have any requirements for your location as long as you have decent internet connection and you are easily reachable via typical collaboration tools such as Skype and Google Hangouts.
- Flexible working hours.
- This is a full time position (40 hours/week), we may consider candidates able to work less than that, but not less than 24 hours/week.
- This is a permanent contract position (foreign company).
- Excellent growth potential.
- This position does not involve setting up actual e-commerce websites, the GUI work is limited to the admin portal screens and requires very little design and creativity as everything follows predefined design patterns.
- We do not use PHP frameworks at present, such as Laravel, but we do have plans to employ Laravel in future related projects.
- We do not use 3rd party CMS / Shopping cart systems.
Should you be interested email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "Retail Connection PHP/SQL Developer Position" , you can whatsapp Antonia on 083 390 8690 just to announce you dropped an email or to ask any questions.